Project Outreach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khajiit concept art

4 posters

Go down

Khajiit concept art Empty Khajiit concept art

Post by Le Grimacier Fri 17 May 2013, 2:36 pm

Because it is always useful to have this to keep the lore correct and because it gives inspiration.

Khajiit from the pocket Guides
Khajiit concept art Races_mw_khajiit
Khajiit concept art Pge01_elsweyr_pic_01
Khajiit concept art Pge01_elsweyr_pic_03
Khajiit concept art Pge01_elsweyr_pic_04
The Mane
Khajiit concept art Pge01_elsweyr_pic_02
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
By Lady Nerevar
Khajiit concept art Tumblr_mjd0dnDdvH1rml4zno1_1280
Khajiit concept art Stooplow
Khajiit concept art 001zxg
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Khajiit concept art Empty Re: Khajiit concept art

Post by pROvAK Mon 20 May 2013, 2:02 am

I was thinking, are we going to drift from the Morrowind look of the Khajiit, just for aesthetics, or are we going to keep the default tone? All of the ES games have a different look to the Khajiit, and we could improve much on Morrowind's Khajiit style, if it didn't seem out of place.
pROvAK
pROvAK
Head of Literature

https://projectoutreach.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Wed 22 May 2013, 5:10 pm

I would like to see a "Better Head" mod for Khajiit and hi-res textures for heads and bodies but we have already decided that vanilla Khajiit will stay vanilla (at least in "vanilla" Elsweyr"). We'll probably add some new heads and hairs but we couldn't make them too different. But I could search pictures to make some of them "inspired" by Oblivion and Skyrim.
Nothing is fixed for other breeds except for the Suthay who had to be not too different from Suthay-raht, but non-beast. If you have ideas, don't hesitate to share them.
And aesthetic for hairs, armors and clothes has not yet been discussed.
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattfink333 Wed 22 May 2013, 7:56 pm

copied from post from st. juib at P.C.

"Studded Leather Armor- n/a

Originally developed by the Legion for use in Hammerfell and Elsweyr, where knights in heavy plate ran the risk of being cooked alive in their armor, it eventually filtered into the general public and can now be found from Chorrol to Cheydinhal. For the dungeon-delver who has more courage than coin, it is a godsend."

So studded leather would probably be very common. And I believe TR has a fully fleshed out set for it that could be used.

And i agree that heavy armor will be 'very' uncommon. We will prabably need a slew of new light armors. And a few chain styles.
Rattfink333
Rattfink333
Outreach Modder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Fri 24 May 2013, 1:41 am

Heavy armor might be commonly in use up near the border or in valuable areas. Light armor would be a normal sight across Elsweyr, yes, but never underestimate medium armor either. Never know when a light plate armor with vents would appear...
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattfink333 Fri 24 May 2013, 2:10 am

I think chain will slog in with the mediums, And I would like to see some of the more byzantine designs like from kingdom of heaven. Not standard european style.
Rattfink333
Rattfink333
Outreach Modder

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Sun 26 May 2013, 4:13 pm

Yes, oriental themed armor!
According to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Khajiit don't used plate mail. They dropped them in the same time as their Nordic advisors. (An easter egg could be to find a Nordic in full armor killed by the sun and not by the beasts!) And because of their traditional martial arts, a lot of Khajiit don't use armors at all.
I'm against used of external resources in general, except if it have a good reason to be. You always have a mod that used them and it cheapen our work. I think Outreach deserves its own leather armor set. Elsweyr armors aren't the same as those in Morrowind or Cyrodiil. They are Khajiit-hand-made!
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Wed 29 May 2013, 9:22 am

Well, I was mainly speaking about the legion or some such, but yeah, makes sense.
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Wed 29 May 2013, 2:10 pm

The Imperial Legion could have a different set of armor than the one in Morrowind. On Vvardenfell, Legion are proud because they bring "the light of the civilization" to the "wild and heretic" Dunmer and contribute to stabilize the province. In Elsweyr, whatever the Legion do, the Khajiit don't care about. Laws? What is that? Gods? We already have them! Civilization? Look around you and you'll find ruins of many others so what about one more?
The soldiers consider themselves exiled and feel a little bit despaired: they could lack discipline, their uniforms could be repaired with local materials and adapted to climate so they don't have totally an "imperial look". The country influences them instead of the opposite. The Legion is "Khajiitified". cat
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Wed 29 May 2013, 8:30 pm

Again, a good idea I never even thought of.
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down