Project Outreach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khajiit Races

+2
Le Grimacier
Ryu Hayabusa
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Khajiit Races Empty Khajiit Races

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:26 pm

Okay, we should discuss the races and how we will handle it. My best idea is to just make different versions of the sub-races using the three different prominent models used today: Slof's beasts, Liztail's beasts(Which I use), and Vanilla. All we'd have to do is have different textured versions of the meshes for the sub-races. IF you can understand my way of explaining it that is. Cool
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

https://projectoutreach.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Khajiit Races Empty Re: Khajiit Races

Post by Le Grimacier Sat 31 Mar 2012, 2:00 pm

Liztail's and Slof's beasts are made from Better Bodies Meshes. Liztail's beasts hands have nails instead of claws but Slof's beasts hands are ugly and blocky. But I think I could redo Liztail's hands to have claws. Will Ohmes and Ohmes-Rath have claws too? Maybe we could use Liztail's hands to give sharpened nails to them.

I think, for the release, we should use a "normal" version. We could make a "mature" version later for whose who want it.
Maybe we could use this resource for the heads:
Beast Head Mesh Pack
But we'll have to animate them.

I have a suggestion: We can do beasts races and "civilized" races (a la Oblivion) at the same time. For exemple Suthay-Rath will be the vanilla beast race and Suthay will be an equivalent with human feet. Many players prefer to use civilized beasts and this way we could satisfy them without creating mods or replacers. And there will be less races to create Wink . But because it's no more a beast race we'll probably have to give it malus to compensate that they can wear boots and helms. So, that won't be a disadvantage for the vanilla Khajiits. The only problem will be the tail which won't be animated.
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Sat 31 Mar 2012, 2:34 pm

I like your suggestion. I'd like all Khajiits to have claws but the vanilla race of Khajiit, regardless of what the player has installed, would most likely be untouched. We could take your redone hands with claws, for those who want them, and make them an optional thing for the vanilla race. See, I was thinking to really make whole new races with their own versions of the better beasts meshes so that the vanilla beasts are untouched. So that to the CS, the Khajiit sub-races are just about as related as an Elf and an Argonian.Then, make sure we have mature versions and clean versions so they can blend with what the player already has installed. That way, the people who use one or the other can still be accommodated. Your idea suits this perfectly.
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by heilkitty Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:57 am

You may want to use Westly's Khajiit Diversity as a start. His Ohmes-raht race is pretty badass despite its lack of face variety. Also, Chittaa-jiit and Chittaa-mer mods.
heilkitty
heilkitty

Back to top Go down

Post by pROvAK Sat 14 Apr 2012, 10:44 am

I'll be sure to check it out. We can't use it without his consent, so I hope He's still around. Thanks though.
pROvAK
pROvAK
Head of Literature

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:05 pm

He is. He was on the officials just the other day.
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:00 pm

To add more varieties to the races, maybe we can do some of them more oriented warrior or mage than the vanilla Khajiits. For example, it is said Cathay / Jaguar-men are stronger than the other, they can even cut trees easily and some of them are chosen to carry the Mane's palanquin. And Tojay could be more oriented magic.
It could be the same for the cat-forms. Alfiq could be mages (a housecat archmagister of the Guild of Mages Laughing ), Senche could be warriors and Pahmar could be thieves.
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattfink333 Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:07 pm

http browse deviantart com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=khajiit#/desryt

desert warrior. this is what i think of when i think about the nomad khajiit tribes.
Rattfink333
Rattfink333
Outreach Modder

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Fri 20 Apr 2012, 6:22 am

Khajiit Races Dreadlocking
The Mane should have dreadlocks! afro
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Fri 20 Apr 2012, 8:43 am

That would be awesome as hell.
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Thu 17 May 2012, 2:57 pm

I've made Suthay using a vanilla-style texture but I think it should have its own style to differentiate from vanilla Khajiit. Maybe gray like in Skyrim or red/brown like in Oblivion? And we have to change its attributs because it disadvantage vanilla Khajiit who can't wear boots and helm. To boost vanilla Khajiit or to weaken Suthay? That is the question.

We didn't discuss about what the Mane looks like? Everybody think he looks like a regular khajiit but there is no description of him except of his hairstyle. Is he more human or more cat? Or something different?
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattfink333 Thu 17 May 2012, 3:04 pm

I would guess more cat, almost leonine.
Rattfink333
Rattfink333
Outreach Modder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Sat 19 May 2012, 3:20 am

I'd say to only slow it's speed slightly. So it's slower compared to vanilla, but just as strong, etc. I wouldn't want to boost vanilla since we can just weaken the Suthay. It'd Make more sense too. I mean, the races aren't all going to be equal since some are humanoid, and some are a mix, etc. basically, the Suthay could have a speed in between humans and vanilla khajiit.
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Notling Sat 19 May 2012, 4:55 am

Notling

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Sat 19 May 2012, 1:45 pm

@Rattfink and Notling: Maybe some sort of giant hairy sphinx speaking with riddles? Or a thin anthro-cat (yeah I've just found this term on the net Wink ) with huge dreadlocks looking like a brahman, a sort of Gandhi?

@Ryu: Vanilla Khajiit have the same speed (40) as imperial, nord and redguards!
In TESCS, each race have 310 pts for attributs and 45 pts for skill bonus + racial powers and abilites. In fact, vanilla Khajiit are the weakest playable race because their incapacity to wear helm and boots is a big malus which is non included in their stats. Suthay don't have this malus and even with a weaken speed, they are still superior to vanilla khajiit. Tricky players will probably prefer to play it because it have benefits from regular khajiit without its disadvantages. (I don't mean about RP players who will prefer the beast version) And weaken more the Suthay will make it uncompetitive with the others races.
I wouldn't want to make a too unbalanced race but thinking about a solution is giving me a headache! scratch
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by Notling Sat 19 May 2012, 4:35 pm

Now ah I was just joking with that image lol. Basically, if ever there was like a....king of Khajiits, thats what I'd imagine him to look like ^

Notling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Sun 20 May 2012, 12:33 am

Well, like I said. I'd doubt that all khajiit races are closely balanced. I mean, some would be faster, and some would be stronger.
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pROvAK Sun 20 May 2012, 2:08 am

And some would definitely be different sizes..
pROvAK
pROvAK
Head of Literature

Back to top Go down

Post by Notling Sun 20 May 2012, 2:15 pm

And some would be a huge behemoth having beautiful women attend to his every need Smile

Notling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattfink333 Sun 20 May 2012, 8:16 pm

I just meant the face would be leonine. Probably the beast style khajiit body, maybe bulked up a little. With those awesome dreads.
Rattfink333
Rattfink333
Outreach Modder

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Thu 24 May 2012, 1:31 pm

@Ryu: If new races are unbalanced, we should probably make them unplayable or they'll break the gameplay. Players won't be happy with this. Sad

@Rattfink: You're right, he could have the beast body. On the TIL, I've found an image of the Mane from the 1rst PGE. You can only see his face and his hair but it seems he's standing on his legs. (Bottom of the pic)
Khajiit Races Pge01_elsweyr_art_01
It's sad that we have only the name of the Mane who was during the Tiber Septim's reign. (Nhad-hatta) He's probably dead.
I think about a white tiger with a painted body/face (tattos?). The Mane isn't a warlord like the Emperor or Vivec. He's mainly working to keep the peace in Elsweyr and with the surrounding provinces. (Look what he did with Leyawiin) Knowing the Khajiits, he has a lot of job to do. That's what I think he could looks like a hindu wiseman.
Khajiit Races Brahmane-hinduismus
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Thu 24 May 2012, 6:27 pm

I don't mean terribly unbalanced. I mean maybe 5 points difference in an attribute across the whole range of sub-races. We could make them the same for playability's sake if you think it could ruin the game. No matter what, they should be playable.
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattfink333 Thu 24 May 2012, 7:29 pm

Can the current one have some scars? And maybe a loop of Dunmer ears. Current cause slaver hunting for him?
Rattfink333
Rattfink333
Outreach Modder

Back to top Go down

Post by pROvAK Fri 25 May 2012, 12:56 am

The scars will be made optional, if we have the resources.
pROvAK
pROvAK
Head of Literature

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Fri 25 May 2012, 1:13 am

I doubt slavers would want him. They'd spark a full out war with the Khajiit. Doubt they'd like that.
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next