Project Outreach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City Development: Senchal

+2
Le Grimacier
Ryu Hayabusa
6 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

City Development: Senchal - Page 6 Empty Re: City Development: Senchal

Post by Le Grimacier Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:59 pm

The Black Keirgo was a mess long before the Knahaten Flu. Baar Dan, cunning God of the Khajiits is born there during the 2nd Era. The quarter already have a reputation of a dangerous place and has remained largely intact after the fire of Senchal. It wouldn't be surprising that it's the peoples of the Black Keirgo who have lit themselves the fire.

Making it with too much shacks will make him like a place for poor peoples. But Khajiits don't understand the concept of wealth. You probably could find rich khajiits in the Black Keirgo. It's the imperial vision that make it like a slum. I figure the city is more "they built where they wanted" than "they built where they could". Maybe I could make shacks for the parts of the city which defy gravity as those spanning the streets or those hung on the wall of houses. Wood ways and rope bridges could have been made after to make easier the travel across the city. So the buildings will principally made with the regular architecture and you'll be able to add wood structures to them. What do you think?
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Fri 10 Aug 2012, 1:49 am

Sounds good.
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

https://projectoutreach.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Khan Fri 10 Aug 2012, 4:22 am

Sounds awesomely fun to explore! (Hi guys!)
The Khan
The Khan
Outreach Modder

http://exilian.co.uk/forum/

Back to top Go down

Post by pROvAK Fri 10 Aug 2012, 11:40 am

I think it will work well. And hey Khan.
pROvAK
pROvAK
Head of Literature

Back to top Go down

Post by The Khan Sat 11 Aug 2012, 12:38 am

LOL, I remember when I used to have more posts than you. Razz I've got an idea. We should have lots of alleyways with back entrances to the places. How's that?
The Khan
The Khan
Outreach Modder

Back to top Go down

Post by pROvAK Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:43 pm

Then I took activity to the knee. And I think that seems pretty logical,especially in Senchal. Some other cities, such as Orcrest, I dont think it would fit as much.
pROvAK
pROvAK
Head of Literature

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Tue 14 Aug 2012, 1:20 pm

The Khan wrote:I've got an idea. We should have lots of alleyways with back entrances to the places. How's that?
It's very doable. I plan to make entrances with a separate mesh so you could place them where you want. You'll just have to take care you can make the corresponding interior.
If the player makes a faction mad about him, he can be easily escape. It's the perfect idea for sneaking players! With all this doors, he could move freely in the city but he could also get easily lost. It would be very fun especially at night!
We could make some areas you can only access (excepting by levitation or magic jump) by finding one of this specific backdoors and passing through the house, or the inverse. It could be a mean to access floors, house and ways that you can't reach otherwise. You could find here a special trader or put it an unique item as reward.
And I can already see all the quests where you have to find someone specific in the city Twisted Evil
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by The Khan Wed 15 Aug 2012, 4:39 am

Or balconies to rooms that are locked on the other side for people who play more like a mage than a thief.
The Khan
The Khan
Outreach Modder

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Mon 20 Aug 2012, 5:09 pm

I'm still working on the architecture set. This is a 3-floors building with a roof access. It could be used as an inn or a residential building. And a new window too.
City Development: Senchal - Page 6 Elswey10
But be carefull when you'll be on the roof. You can't fall by just walking but you can easily jump the rail. Wink It will be usefull to connect it with other structures.
The only problem will be the pathgriding in the stair. It's just a little hard to set but not impossible.
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Mon 20 Aug 2012, 10:13 pm

Nice, Grim. Looks very nice.
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Khan Tue 21 Aug 2012, 6:43 am

Why have you been talking in light blue and bold lately?
The Khan
The Khan
Outreach Modder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Sun 26 Aug 2012, 2:51 am

I am using italics, bold, and Cyan because it's my personal font on another site I am active on. I decided to use it here as well.
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pROvAK Sun 26 Aug 2012, 6:48 pm

Now you sound...er...look like you have a deep voice. XD
pROvAK
pROvAK
Head of Literature

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattfink333 Sun 26 Aug 2012, 10:31 pm

modding in technicolor. mwah ha ha ha
Rattfink333
Rattfink333
Outreach Modder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Mon 27 Aug 2012, 7:35 pm

Good, I do have a deep voice.
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Wed 05 Sep 2012, 11:03 pm

Okay, so with the, uh...Lunar idea, what do you think would be going on with Senchal, now?
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Thu 06 Sep 2012, 2:10 pm

The buildings could remain unchanged. I didn't planned that the pink tone I used for buildings will fit with this idea. Surprised What we said about architecture is still valuable. The look is inspired by the lore and what we have decided to be the "Khajiit way of mind" and nothing has changed with the Lunar Elsweyr.

I think the lunar aspect is more in the environment. It's as if Khajiits have built the city on the moon. Now we have to find how to make ground, flora and rocks to look like lunar.
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by pROvAK Thu 06 Sep 2012, 9:24 pm

One small question, that I feel stupid asking. Is Elsweyr really lunar? Or does it just look that way? I haven't had the time to read up on the lore so I'm a little lost on some things.
pROvAK
pROvAK
Head of Literature

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Fri 07 Sep 2012, 12:38 pm

Is Elsweyr really on the moons? Is Elsweyr a part of the moons dropped on Nirn? Is that something to do about quantic physic, making Elsweyr and the moons occupying the same places at the same time? Is it all an hallucination caused by the moon-sugar? Is it all a lie created by the Mane? We don't know too and that's why it's interesting. That makes the land itself is a mystery. cyclops
And I think we should let the answer open (at least for the player). Mystery has something attractive and fascinating...
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by pROvAK Wed 12 Sep 2012, 12:35 pm

I like that. The feeling of not knowing. Since this will be the first Elsweyr mod for any TES, people won't know a thing, unless their lore junkies like some of us round' here. But I find that sense of Alien intruiging. Very creepy, and tedious.
pROvAK
pROvAK
Head of Literature

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Sat 13 Oct 2012, 5:15 pm

I've found some nice models of palm trees. I retextured them to match the lunar landscape concept. This is what it's look like:
City Development: Senchal - Page 6 Mge_sc11
The blue flag in front of the house is just a concept. We don't even know if Khajiit use daedric! I just wanted to find a cool and original shape for Khajiits signs but I found signs (and Pellitine culture in general) should be colored to contrast with the monochromatic effect of the buildings and the land.
And why not make dyes as alchemical ingredients? Think about market places full of colored clothes and items...
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Sat 13 Oct 2012, 10:02 pm

That looks nice; I like those palms and the color. Those models just HAVE to be usable. Perhaps we could have different colored plants? Perhaps certain areas are seemingly normal and some are...alien? Perhaps they are random?

I like the idea of normal and alien regions. Imagine a region called "The Crimson Coast" where most plants are red, or a similar region full of wildly colored plants.

I have one suggestion for colored plants, though. Bright and vivid colors are likely...bad. Darker colors like those palms look great.

I also like your idea for dyes as alchemical ingredients. Perhaps there would be a device you could use to combine plain clothes with certain dyes to make colored clothes? Or even combinations? Or perhaps dyes are just for extra immersion. You could, instead, just pay tailors for certain combos.
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattfink333 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 9:08 pm

if we can use to palm trees. Let's do it. They look cool. And somehow right.
Rattfink333
Rattfink333
Outreach Modder

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Tue 16 Oct 2012, 1:45 pm

@Ryu: Embarassed When I said I would like to see bright colors, I didn't thought about flora but about khajiits clothes and items. Except for flowers, I think bright colors should be use with caution. And if the player can't see at least a little bit of green, it will be probably very confused. With the Lunar landscape concept, mostly regions in Pellitine will be mainly red. But in this particular case, because it's from the Khajiit point of view, this is the "normal" regions that will be "alien". You could imagine that when a land become a part of the Elsweyr territory, the Mane uses his powers to reshape the land as described in PGE 2nd Edition. If you want to do something really "wild", you could do it around the Hall of Collossus. It is said that the land is tainted by magic. But remember that the Tenmar Forest isn't Pandora and strange flora should be reserved to Valenwood.

Dyes could also just be misc items. So it will be just for immersion and we won't have to care about alchemical properties. I like the idea of a quest where you have to bring some dyes to a tailor so he can sell you special colored clothes, like you can do with the armors in Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Khajiits don't like armors so it could be logical to obtain clothes instead.

The palm trees are nearly to be usable. I want to redo collisions so you can climb on the trunk of the bended ones and I just have to fix some clipping problem with the leaves (which won't have collision). I've found some other cool plants that I'm converting too.
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattfink333 Tue 16 Oct 2012, 7:09 pm

A japanese maple tree would be good too. The dark purple leaves would complement the palms.
Rattfink333
Rattfink333
Outreach Modder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next