Project Outreach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ingredients, potions, flora and other misc stuff.

4 posters

Go down

Ingredients, potions, flora and other misc stuff. Empty Ingredients, potions, flora and other misc stuff.

Post by Le Grimacier Sat 15 Dec 2012, 4:01 pm

We should discuss about the stuff the player could pick up. I've got some ideas:
  • Akaviri tea: it's a potion made from Akaviri tea leaves that you can find near Rimmen. It's expensive and rare. Tea trees have been imported from Akavir during the end of the first Era.
  • Absinthe: potion. It is used to be hallucinogenic or mind-opening and could blend with the Khajiit culture.
  • Wines: in Arena, Elsweyr is said to have the better wines of the South.
  • Cannabis: maybe a little too much as ingredients but could do great plants for decoration.
  • Color pigments: misc items. Will be great on market stalls.
  • Moonstone ore: ingredient. Could be use as material for armor and weapons. Could be in two varieties: red (Masser) and silver/white (Secunda) depending where the player find it.
  • Syrup: potion made from moon-sugar. Fermented it could become alcoholic.
  • Lotus: it's a very indian themed flower. I think P:C have also a sort of lotus so we'll probably have to create another sort.
  • Nightshade: it's in lore. We'll have to check if other province mods have one.
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Ingredients, potions, flora and other misc stuff. Empty Re: Ingredients, potions, flora and other misc stuff.

Post by pROvAK Sun 16 Dec 2012, 2:24 pm

Akaviri tea, what color is it? Do the trees grow in Elsweyr? Or are they held in greenhouses and have the leaves sold for Tea?

Absinthe, Is it legal? Or sold by 'dealers'?

Wines, are there any names in the lore? Any types?

Cannabis, funny, and aesthetic, but I dont think the player should be able to eat it.

Lotus, any colors, sizes?

Nightshade, will we be using the Oblivion nightshade as reference?

pROvAK
pROvAK
Head of Literature

https://projectoutreach.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Ingredients, potions, flora and other misc stuff. Empty Re: Ingredients, potions, flora and other misc stuff.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Tue 18 Dec 2012, 2:46 am

The moonstone ores are a great idea. Masser and Secunda themed variants is a good idea.

As far as wines go, we can create some names if we have to.
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Tue 18 Dec 2012, 6:20 pm

About the akaviri tea, I thought about something like the indian Darjeeling tea. The leaves could also be sold as ingredients. I think the trees could grow near Rimmen. The city was founded by Akaviri, that could explain why you can find them, and the climat there isn't as harsh as in the rest of Anequina.
For absinthe, I think it could be legally sold. It's just a liquor and not something that makes you addicted. Its effects could be: Fortify Intelligence (20 pts 60sec) & Fortify Willpower (20pts 60sec). Weight: 1 Cost: 100; Something like Flin or Cyrodiilic brandy but more useful for mages.
For the nightshade, we could use the stats from Oblivion but we have to see if other provinces mods use it too, so we don't have many different models for the same plant.
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Mon 24 Dec 2012, 7:17 am

Nightshade is likely to be in every province mod. Seeing as it's a huge part of Tamriel, if it's missing people may criticize mods that don't contain it.
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Thu 28 Feb 2013, 6:25 pm

Moonstone is used in Skyrim. It's an ore used to make elven armors. But only one type exists.

Tea is a tradition in Elsweyr
From The Buying Game
In Elsweyr, it is common for the shop-owner to offer the prospective buyer tea or sweetmeats and engage in polite conversation before commencing the business.
Wine made from sugarcane is Rum. (The best wine of Southern Tamriel dixit Arena) It matches a port city like Senchal. For its effect I suggest (cost 50)
  • Fortify Strength 20pts 60s
  • Fortify Willpower 20pts 60s
  • Drain Agility 20pts 60s
  • Drain Intelligence 20pts 60s

It's a strong spirit Laughing Have more bonus effects than Mazte or Sujamma but also more negative effects.

Another thing that could be added is Catnip. Khajiit could use it as something like Telvanni bug Musk.

We should see if we could use some resources from Necessities of Morrowind. I think there are a sweetroll and coconuts.

Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Thu 07 Mar 2013, 1:33 am

Picture perfect, Grim. Catnip, Rum, great show! I love the possibilities of catnip...

"Perhaps this one was a bit hasty earlier? Maybe I could drop the price just a few more septims..."
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Fri 08 Mar 2013, 2:00 pm

Absinth is principally made of wormwood that doesn't grow in tropical or desertic environment but you can find wormwood as ingredient in TES IV:Oblivion. So you could say that Khajiits made it from wormwood imported from Cyrodiil. That's why it's expensive.
IRL Absinth drinkers are drinking it with sugar. In our case it'll be moon-sugar.

I think Catnip will be a ingredient with a Fortify Personality effect. A potion will be too similar to Telvanni bug musk.
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Tue 12 Mar 2013, 11:13 am

Yes, catnip tends to be an ingredient IRL. Laughing
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pROvAK Tue 12 Mar 2013, 3:00 pm

I'm thinking here should be a catnip field at one point, one that just stretches on, that would be really cool.
pROvAK
pROvAK
Head of Literature

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Tue 12 Mar 2013, 6:44 pm

I wonder what could happen with so much catnip and so much cats around... Laughing
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by pROvAK Tue 12 Mar 2013, 10:07 pm

There should be 'high' khajiits running around, and have disposition very low, or high.
pROvAK
pROvAK
Head of Literature

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Mon 18 Mar 2013, 3:08 pm

Have a couple of them laying on the ground tripping out. Then you have a few running in circles...and a dead guy. No one knows why he's there or what happened to him... Very Happy
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Mon 18 Mar 2013, 3:28 pm

Very bad trip. Better keep that for a skooma den.
Catnip could make them happier and lustful. Want to flirt with a Khajiit? Laughing
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Wed 20 Mar 2013, 1:20 pm

Le Grimacier wrote:Very bad trip. Better keep that for a skooma den.
Catnip could make them happier and lustful. Want to flirt with a Khajiit? Laughing
You ever seen a cat on catnip? No thanks, I'll just flirt with a fine elven maiden! Laughing
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattfink333 Sun 31 Mar 2013, 6:09 pm

I've brought in some of those resources from koniption that we where pointed too in the beth forums. So far have pineapple, a moonsugar cane(since it had sugar cane in it) And the orange and red hibiscus flowers which i have named azura's dawn(orange) and azura's dusk(red). these are the harvestable ones.

We probably need to find some sort of roses too. I believe they are a fave of azura, So the khajiits will have them.
Rattfink333
Rattfink333
Outreach Modder

Back to top Go down

Post by pROvAK Sun 31 Mar 2013, 7:44 pm

I will be on the lookout for roses. I like the names you picked, they suit them well it seems. Oh, and will pineapple actually be named pineapple?

Edit: Would this work? http://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=aabad464#
pROvAK
pROvAK
Head of Literature

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattfink333 Sun 31 Mar 2013, 7:46 pm

Yeah, It's too distinctive for anything else. And that's a nice rose.
Rattfink333
Rattfink333
Outreach Modder

Back to top Go down

Post by pROvAK Sun 31 Mar 2013, 10:28 pm

Cool. I'll look for single ones too to be put in vases and other things. Can anyone find a jar model? That would be quite useful for certain things.
pROvAK
pROvAK
Head of Literature

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Sun 07 Apr 2013, 10:48 pm

Jar models are very abundant. The problem is that most of them are source 3ds files! Laughing
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Grimacier Mon 08 Apr 2013, 5:46 pm

Azura is the mother of roses for the Dunmer, not the Khajiit. If I remember correctly, Azura's roses grow in the shadow and near Blacklight, in Morrowind. But it's true that we don't know about Khajiiti view of Azurah.

Look at my models, I made a sugarcane too. Those from koniption look too geometric for me. And don't forget coconuts, we already have palms!
With the models from the Greenhouse, maybe you could create a texture by render the leaves separated from the trunk and put it on a plane. Same quality but less polygons.
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down