Project Outreach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweet dreams

3 posters

Go down

Sweet dreams Empty Sweet dreams

Post by Le Grimacier Mon 12 Nov 2012, 2:15 pm

Few hours left before the night when Errankar reached the town of Zelinin. He was tired and his clothes was full of dust but he was glad for finally reaching this place. Many days ago, the Aldmer had left his study in the Crystal Tower after he found old tales about a strange magic used by the Khajiit of Elsweyr. Texts was fractional and hardly understandable but Errankar could find that it was not something he could learn in the Summerset Isles.
He was going to the local inn when an old weird man approached him. At first sight, Errankar took him for a Bosmer but he had strange tattoos on his face, partially hidden by its turban. His large clothes that were once bright and colorful were now worn and dirty. Errankar realized suddenly that the man had a tail.
“For one drake, M'Stash can give you an omen, he said.
_ Mustache?, Errankar wondered.
_The name is M'Stash. For one drake, the old M'Stash can see through the Magrus' veil and give you an omen”.
Errankar wondered if it could be the magic he looked for so he gave the drake he was asked for. M'Stash raised his eyes to the sky and Errankar saw they were bloodshot and he immediately regretted giving him the money. He was probably one of this skooma addicted looking for some money to buy his drug ration. But Errankar was fascinated by what the Khajiit was doing. The sun had not yet set but he looked intensively at the sky as if he could see the stars and said:
“I can see bad stars are upon you. Tonight it's a night when you are weakened and someone could harm you. Follow my advice and don't sleep tonight. I have also something for you. I can sell you an amulet to protect you from bad dreams. For only 50 drakes.”
Errankar sighed. It seemed Khajiit always found a way to sell you something. From his arrival in this country, he had lost half his savings. As the Khajiit started to bargain, Errankar ignored him and went to the inn.
Later, once he was in his bed, Errankar thought he heard the voice of the old Khajiit who shouted in the street: “DON'T SLEEP”. But he thought it was probably his imagination, closed his eyes and slept.

Errankar opened his eyes. He was no more at the inn but he couldn't remember how he came here. His head was hurting and his moves was difficult. The wall was those of an ancient Khajiit Temple. He could see the antique symbol of the Two Moons but it was profaned by strange inscriptions. In the middle of the room was an altar dedicated to Vaermina. The room was full of a thick mist from several braziers and there was a strong scent of incense. In the corner of his eyes, he had the feeling that there were shadows dancing around him. In this place, the reality itself seemed to be twisted. Suddenly a voice came from nowhere:
“Tonight is a good night. There was a long time I could take an Aldmer's dream.”
From the other side of the altar, Errankar noticed two eyes reflecting the light of the fires and slowly moving to him. He realized that the man now in front of him was using a spell to dissimulate him. He had been lucky to notice him but he was disarmed and he found with horror he couldn't use his magic too. The ghostly form of his opponent smiled and his teeth was perfectly visible.
“So you think you can escape me? he said. Try if you can!”
The sorcerer threw an unknown powder in the fire and during a second the flame became green. As the smoke grew in the room, Errankar could hardly breath. His eyes and his lungs were on fire.
Suddenly a horrifying form slowly came out from the fog. From all his life, he had never heard about something like this thing. It looked like a ghost trapped in his own skin. It slowly walked toward him as it wanted to exchange its place with him.
With a great effort of his will, Errankar managed to tear his eyes away from the thing and tried to run. Because he was so terrified, he didn't noticed the blue flash from one of the braziers nor the new scent of the smoke.
“I'll sell your dreams at a good price! the voice said. There is always a good reward for sweet dreams!”
When he reached the door, a new form came out from the smoke and started to grow, ensnaring him. The last thing Errankar thought when the thing swallowed him was he would have preferred to have never heard of this magic.

At Zelinin, while the day rose, a scream came from a room of the inn. A naked Aldmer left the inn with a scared face and mad eyes and ran to the desert to never be seen.
“What happened? said a young Khajiit.
_His sugar has been taken by an evil narcomancer, answered M'Stach next to him. All his dreams are gone and he's now just a body of flesh inhabited by a living nightmare. If you're afraid, I can sell you an amulet to protect you from bad dreams. For only 50 drakes.”

(Remember that I'm not a native english speaker so don't hesitate to correct me and reformulate some parts.) Wink
Le Grimacier
Le Grimacier
Head of Lore

Back to top Go down

Sweet dreams Empty Re: Sweet dreams

Post by pROvAK Mon 12 Nov 2012, 4:38 pm

I've read this over a few times, and I think it's safe to say that this is ready for submission. I shall transfer this to finished claims as soon as I can.
pROvAK
pROvAK
Head of Literature

https://projectoutreach.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Hayabusa Fri 30 Nov 2012, 9:09 am

pROvAK wrote:I've read this over a few times, and I think it's safe to say that this is ready for submission. I shall transfer this to finished claims as soon as I can.
Once you do, I'll fix up a few grammatical things I noticed. Nice story, though.
Ryu Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa
Admin

https://projectoutreach.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum